i’m jealous of javier piñón

Oh boy, I think I have a new crush… yep, I do. Brooklyn based artist Javier Piñón {and his cowboys} had me at howdy. These boys are from three different series: Chairs, Chandeliers, and Floods… and I love them all very, very much.

{I discovered Javier’s work through Fine Line Magazine. I wrote about Issue One last November, and as of this Friday (02.25) Issue Two will be out/ready to order… and Javier’s cowboys are in it Yee-haw!}

1. Tweets that mention The Jealous Curator » Blog Archive » i’m jealous of javier piñón -- Topsy.com /// 02.23.2011 /// 9:43am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Cassandra Smith, Fine Line Magazine, Fine Line Magazine, the jealous curator, the jealous curator and others. the jealous curator said: well howdy! i love these cowboys by javier pinon (found via the lovely fine line mag, issue 2!) http://bit.ly/gYG4IO [...]

2. Erika Lee Sears /// 02.24.2011 /// 12:36am

Wow! Is that collage?

3. the jealous curator /// 02.24.2011 /// 7:57am

yep! pretty fantastic right?

4. tijana /// 02.28.2011 /// 10:33am

YEEEE HAWWW! these are soooo cool! kinda reminds me of the indian in the cupboard :)

5. the jealous curator /// 02.28.2011 /// 11:08am

yee haw indeed! yep… i LOVE these… and they’re just the tip of the iceberg. his portfolio if full of amazing work.

6. Ali /// 03.01.2011 /// 12:40pm

I love the cowboy at sea. I’ll be showing this image to my boyfriend so he can see what a real man looks like ;)

7. the jealous curator /// 03.01.2011 /// 1:03pm

hahaha!!! hilarious! let’s hope he doesn’t flood your dining room trying to prove his manliness!

8. Ali /// 03.01.2011 /// 2:46pm

I just ordered the magazine. I will be making this artwork in my living room one way or another.

9. Christine Damm /// 01.06.2012 /// 12:33pm

You were right– the chandelier cowpoke is fabulous! This guy’s imagination is truly amazing. And I thought I had crazy ideas!

10. Air Jordan 4 /// 08.02.2014 /// 7:12am

Steven Law: Well he’s been doing that already and he’s been combining both a lot and he did that long before we started spending. Our mission right now has been fairly simple which is that while President Obama has tried to use this period to his advantage when he’s had a significant funding advantage, that we wanted to keep people focused on the core issues–the debt and the economy and President Obama’s record. And if we’re able to do that consistently, people come out of this period saying, my concern is about where the economy and the debt are going and how President Obama has performed on those issues, we think that’s a success.