jealous in washington dc – march 2011

Ahhh… it was a blur of glitter, candy sprinkles, painting, assembling, matting, and a whole lot o’ coffee. Yep the opening of, TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS AS PAINFUL AS IT SEEMS, New Work by Ben Skinner, was everything I’d hoped it would be. I had planned to write this post last week, but honestly I needed a bit of time to come down from the thrill of seeing this show actually come together. Aaaand exhale. Ok, I’m ready. From the 65′ text mural, to the 20′ foam board scaffolding, everything came together perfectly. All of Ben’s work looked amazing, the opening was filled with wonderful/excited people, and I still can’t believe I got to curate my first show with such an incredible artist at a gallery staffed by really, really, really nice people. Thank you Ben, and the Honfleur Gallery. It was an amazing journey. What now? Well, on to the next proposal I guess!

{1. TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS AS PAINFUL AS IT SEEMS ~ glitter on Alupanel  2. HOME WRECKER ~ ink on wood  3. TWICE ON SUNDAYS ~ candy sprinkles on wood  4. A SIMPLE GESTURE ~ paint & dye on wood  5. I’VE GOT JUST THE THING ~ watercolor, gold leaf on glass  6. MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT ~ RGB LED’s & light tube  7. UNTITLED ~ 20′ foam board scaffold  8. THIS TIME NEXT YEAR ~ 65′ text mural  9. THE BLINDS LEADING THE BLINDS ~ ink on wood blinds  10. a. THIS ONE’S GOING TO HURT ~ spraypaint on mirrored plexi  b. NOW TAKE A DEEP BREATH ~ paint on plexi  11. MY HEART IS BIGGER THAN YOUR FIST ~ glitter coated screenprint 12. The Honfleur Gallery on opening night… the show runs until April 8th, so pop in if you’re in DC!}

1. Tricia /// 03.14.2011 /// 4:23am

I am thrilled that it went so well! Congratulations again, my friend!

T

2. Kathleen /// 03.14.2011 /// 4:40am

I’m jealous of everyone that got to be there! xoxo!

3. Melanie /// 03.14.2011 /// 12:26pm

I wish I could have seen it in person. Congratulations, it looks like it was an amazing exhibit! That’s really foam core scaffolding? Crazy!

4. the jealous curator /// 03.14.2011 /// 1:53pm

thanks ladies! yep, it really was amazing… and yes, that’s 20′ of foam core. two stories high and only about 10lbs. idea behind it being that rebuidling (especially in the case of a community in the middle of some major gentrification) can be a delicate matter, and if you’re not careful, everything could come crashing down. brilliant.

5. Janette /// 03.20.2011 /// 10:39pm

Incredible! Huge congratulations!! xo

6. the jealous curator /// 03.21.2011 /// 6:42am

thank you! xoxo

7. June Simba /// 10.23.2011 /// 4:11pm

I sure wish someone to represent your blog could attend my event on Nov – 5TH @ Eden Lounge & Rooftop in DC..here are more details http://junesimba.eventbrite.com

8. the jealous curator /// 10.23.2011 /// 6:33pm

thank you for the invitation june… but i am completely on the other side of the continent! i hope you have an amazing evening!

9. GHvAhtSr /// 04.18.2013 /// 7:10am

GHvAhtSr http://www.58u0NAxP8iXO6W37Ui48Rk.com/
    [url=http://www.58u0NAxP8iXO6W37Ui48Rk.com/]GHvAhtSr[/url]
    GHvAhtSr

10. cast of ncis /// 05.15.2013 /// 10:02am

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .
    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for
    about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

11. Cheap Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts /// 07.25.2013 /// 8:19pm

It’s very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this site.