i’m jealous of simon degroot

So simple, almost child-like… yet really hard to make look good! Simon Degroot’s compositions, color choices, and use of simple little shapes… yep, they’re kinda killing me. I can’t do this, but boy oh boy, I sure wish I could.

{Thanks to Ashley Hamilton for sending me a link to Simon’s work}

1. Laura /// 06.26.2012 /// 9:42am

What a surprise these are! The color in them is amazing.

2. Ashley Hamilton /// 06.26.2012 /// 10:15am

love! it all! especially his new work. Ah! Jealous for sure! Proud to say he was my classmate when i went to uni in Australia!

3. the jealous curator /// 06.26.2012 /// 10:35am

yes – i had a hard time choosing what to show (his portfolio is huge!)… but these ones were just special. i’ve tried to do similar work and just could NOT pull it off. it’s tricky to be simple.

4. Ashley Hamilton /// 06.26.2012 /// 3:58pm

Haha that seems to be a common struggle of yours — you often mention having a hard time deciding what to choose for your blog! I’d be the same way!!! =) Good choice though — certainly some stunning little gems!!!

I think his website consists of work from the past few years — so lots of work for sure! I’m really diggin’ his brand new stuff – the mixed media (screenprint/acrylic/oil) at the top of his site. Ahhhhh. gets me psyched to create every time!!!

Thanks for posting this! Didn’t expect that at all! ;)

5. Ruth /// 07.17.2012 /// 11:34am

beautiful!

6. Air Jordan XIII Retro White Green for sale /// 11.26.2014 /// 11:14pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Excellent work!