ana teresa barboza

Oh my word. So good!!! I wrote about another embroidery artist last week, and in the comments field someone {aka Kelsey from The Tarot Nook} suggested I take a look at the work of Peruvian artist Ana Teresa Barboza. Yep. I loved it. I’m quite sure that an audible little ‘gasp’ snuck out of me when I clicked through to Ana Teresa’s site. Some of her work is so simple, and other pieces are incredibly complex – but all of them have so much feeling – and some of those feelings are pretty uncomfortable, especially in those last two pieces! Ouch.

1. brandi marie /// 10.15.2013 /// 7:31am

The images just kept getting better as I scrolled! Fantastic!

2. Julie /// 10.15.2013 /// 3:45pm

Oh, these are haunting, and amazing…

3. Meredith Adams [Brilliant Light Photography] /// 10.15.2013 /// 4:56pm

wow, absolutely incredible. Love the artists you share.

4. Julia /// 10.16.2013 /// 6:54am

Astonishing, wow! Thank you for sharing!

5. Kelsey Lynore /// 10.16.2013 /// 6:33pm

Oh, wow!! I’m so happy that you enjoyed her work! I thought you would; she’s one of my favorite contemporary artists. Simply stunning. :)

6. the jealous curator /// 10.16.2013 /// 6:51pm

yes! loved all of it so much! thank you for the tip! : )

7. Erin's Creative Energy /// 10.17.2013 /// 6:45am

Wow!

8. Susan /// 10.18.2013 /// 8:41am

LOVE her work; I’m totally jealous of, too!

9. Kelsey Lynore /// 10.18.2013 /// 7:44pm

Hi Jealous Curator,
    I just stumbled upon more mixed media embroidery that you might like: http://my-bones.tumblr.com/tagged/works. I’ve sent you to her works page. From what I can tell, she operates entirely independently off of her Tumblr; if people want to buy her art, they simply email her. Pretty cool! I love this wave of weaving and stitching, the overt feminization of art and its indistinction from craft. Anyway, FYI. :)
    Take care,
    Kelsey

10. annton /// 10.19.2013 /// 2:58am

those are so good, I have almost no words for it. the stitch into the chest, amazing. this work caught me on a level, I wasn’t expecting.

11. Rachel /// 10.19.2013 /// 7:13am

Just too stunning for words.

12. Teresa /// 10.19.2013 /// 7:41am

Stunning work, Love love love

13. tory burch バッグ /// 11.15.2013 /// 4:01pm

The survey signalled the pace of decline of employment in the Scottish construction sector accelerated sharply in the fourth quarter.
    tory burch バッグ http://www.eldib-ly.com/toryburch/

14. louis vuitton /// 11.22.2013 /// 4:54pm

Shopify has a vibrant ecosystem with lots of third-party vendors offering themes and “Apps, where you must sign up to use this Web-based software.” Dish’s Dodge wrote.
    louis vuitton http://www.refugelafemma.com/images/sacsmain-fr.php

15. {ARTIST SHOWCASE: unexpected florals} | The Sweet Escape /// 01.27.2014 /// 3:03am

[...] Ana Teresa Barboza via The Jealous Curator [...]

16. Friday Art Love | Who'd Have Thought? /// 01.28.2014 /// 5:05pm

[...] Immerse yourself in the amazing embroidery art of Peruvian artist Ana Teresa Barboza and you’ll never want to leave. Please see more here. [First seen at The Jealous Curator]. [...]

17. michael kors handbags imitation /// 05.21.2014 /// 6:06pm

My reputation has remained great.

18. Ana Teresa Barboza | Faye & Co /// 07.23.2014 /// 1:30pm

[...] via The Jealous Curator [...]

19. Nike Free 3.0 V3 Homme /// 08.03.2014 /// 3:26pm

Annuities can have a bad reputation because of their often high fees and commissions and their dubious investment performance. But as with almost any other financial product you’ll buy, including other investments, there are both good annuities and bad annuities. The best annuities have a place , so don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. By doing your research, you can purchase annuities that are competitively priced with low fees and few bells and whistles that can drive up your costs.