jim naughten

I wrote about Jim Naughten and his ongoing series, titled Re-Enactors, three years ago. In an almost painterly fashion, he photographs people who “step out of their routine daily lives and transform into historical characters from the First and Second World Wars, often with such vigor and obsessive attention to detail that it’s hard to imagine them in contemporary settings.” I thought this work was very appropriate for today… lest we forget.

1. Zandra Zuraw /// 11.11.2013 /// 4:11pm

What a lovely idea to post this on Veteran’s Day! Thanks for sharing. And I LOVE your blog. (I’m totally jealous of you).
    Zandra

2. Paul Dorrell /// 11.11.2013 /// 8:32pm

Exquisitely done. They look like the real deal, and very British–except for the guy in the German helmet.

3. the jealous curator /// 11.11.2013 /// 9:25pm

well, i suppose every reenactment needs someone to pretend battle against ; )

4. Julie /// 11.12.2013 /// 8:17am

Wow, great find! I’ve only just seen this today but indeed what a great and fitting post for Veterans’ Day. Amazing!

5. the jealous curator /// 11.12.2013 /// 10:24am

thanks! i love these shots too : )

6. Fall Winter 2012 /// 08.02.2014 /// 12:07pm

She worries about our relationship with our global neighbours and is toying with the notion, when she grows up, of trying to run the Foreign Office. It is a long way from doors slammed in your face and an attic room in Kensal Rise. What goes around comes around. William Lloyd Webber FRCO, we thank you.

7. Nike Free 3.0 V5 /// 09.19.2014 /// 9:05pm

I’d like to say it got better, but I think we’re all just used to it. We are officially better at panicking. Or I guess you could say “multi-tasking.” Tomato, tomahto.

8. Nike Free Mens /// 09.19.2014 /// 9:05pm

The fourth launch occurred Sunday afternoon, according to officials at Seoul’s Defense Ministry and Joint Chiefs of Staff. The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity citing department rules, refused to say whether it was a missile or artillery round.

9. Nike Zoom Kobe /// 09.19.2014 /// 9:06pm

“The fact they’ve made it this far, survived a winter, which is typically a stressful time for pelicans, and made it back here, migrating back north, are all good signs,” Keyes says.

10. Jordan L Style II Shoes /// 10.25.2014 /// 1:45pm