i’m jealous of alison worman

There is nothing I love more than a sketchbook so thick with creative goodness, it can’t even be closed! My sketchbook is pretty fat, but thanks to Alison Worman, it’s about to get super-sized… beautiful fabrics, thread poking out the sides, layers of cut paper? Yes, yes, yes!

{via Book By It’s Cover}

1. Kathleen /// 03.03.2011 /// 5:54am

There’s nothing more intimidating to me than a blank sketchbook. And these days my sketches are more like lists than drawings…

2. Jan /// 03.03.2011 /// 7:13am

Oh, oh, oh, I am loving this … the sketchbook by AW is grand! It makes me want to be a more industrious artist. Thanks for the swell (as in fab and as in bulging with material … lol) post.

Ta!
    Jan

ps I am a new follower … I came here via Miss Moss’s luv’ly blog, and before that from A CUP OF JO :O)

3. Elizabeth /// 03.03.2011 /// 8:24am

Fabric and thread! I never thought of adding those to my journals. What a great idea.

4. Color Collective /// 03.03.2011 /// 9:26am

So neat and incredibly inspiring!

5. Hagar /// 03.03.2011 /// 9:57am

Beautiful work, I love stitching on paper…

6. Gabriel /// 03.03.2011 /// 8:33pm

My sketchbook is about to get sea lion-godzilla sized. No room for skinny books!

7. Jesse Lu /// 03.05.2011 /// 8:34am

Why doesn’t my sketchbook look this cool?

8. AnnaDenise /// 04.20.2011 /// 1:12am

Wow! Amazing – so inspiring!

9. Pamela /// 08.30.2012 /// 4:16am

I am sitting in front of a new book now, and scared to even make a mark in it. I would never have thought of stitching the pages.

10. the jealous curator /// 08.30.2012 /// 6:27am

oh i have been there. i don’t even buy new, clean, beautiful books anymore… i buy old cookbooks from the thrift store for 50cents, paint over the pages with a flat color, and THEN i sketch on that. it’s a little more freeing, because if i do something i don’t like, i just rip out the page and keep going! the book wasn’t perfect to begin with, so it doesn’t matter what i do in there! ; ) good luck!

11. The Sketchbook | The Design Tree by Greentea Design /// 09.10.2012 /// 1:28am

[…] Worman found via the jealous […]

12. Studio + Workspace « Design Everything /// 01.14.2013 /// 8:53am

[…] Also.. recently stumbled upon this artist, and was jealous of her thick, experimental, messy sketchb… […]

13. Cass /// 02.18.2013 /// 4:59pm

Oh yes my favorite thing to do—-sewing Omar paper. YES!

14. Iona /// 12.25.2013 /// 2:40pm

Perhaps I’m very dumb but I don’t get this idea. Is it just a diary of ideas etc???
    Also don;t get the jealous curator name???
    Please explain? Thanks

15. the jealous curator /// 12.25.2013 /// 6:32pm

yes… this is her sketchbook, but instead of just drawings, large parts of it are sewn. pretty fantastic.
    the name jealous curator is explained on my about page… have a look: https://www.thejealouscurator.com/blog/about/
    hope that clears it up : )

16. Wendy Moseley /// 10.21.2015 /// 4:04pm

I live in Melbourne Australia and new to Journaling and wondered what the blank journals are called and where to buy them? Thanks Wendy

Instant Max AI Instant Profits AI Immediate Byte