i’m jealous of diane meyer

Embroidery and photographs… yep, my favorite art recipe! This series is titled Berlin, and is the work of American artist Diane Meyer – it shows the former path of the Berlin Wall. Oh, if only that wall had actually been made of soft, colorful thread:

“This aspect of the sewing emphasizes the unnatural boundaries created by the wall itself. The sewing, which is soft, provides a literal contrast to the concrete of the wall and a metaphorical contrast to its symbolism.” ~ Diane Meyer

Lovely. But, we can’t stop there. I wasn’t quite finished snooping around in her portfolio, and look what I found from another series, titled Time Spent That Might Otherwise Be Forgotten:

Ahh… so much nostalgia! You can never go wrong with a bunch of cross-stitching, some Christmas sweaters, and a little old school Donald Duck. Love, love, LOVE!

{via The Design Ark}

1. Meredith Adams [Brilliant Light Photography] /// 10.09.2013 /// 8:03am

wow, I like this a lot! Super unique.

2. marika /// 10.09.2013 /// 1:49pm

I am jealous too, fab find!

3. Creature of Planet E. /// 10.10.2013 /// 11:13am

I’m not. Look at the amount of love (and effort) she poured into her work. Awesome!

4. Kelsey Lynore /// 10.12.2013 /// 6:53pm

I love all the embroidery work that’s coming out now. Have you seen the work of Ana Teresa Barboza? It’s similar to Meyer in the use of embroidery, but she mainly works on the female body, does tapestry as well, and uses transfers. It’s amazing! Her blog is here: http://anateresabarboza.blogspot.com/, although be sure to check her older pages, as 2 and 3 have some of the work I’m thinking of. She’s like Diane Meyer meets Kiki Smith or something. I’m in love with her.

5. the jealous curator /// 10.13.2013 /// 1:18pm

wow! fantastic work – thanks so much for the link kelsey! : )

6. vortrus | Pixelated Embroidery by Diane Meyer /// 11.22.2013 /// 1:50pm

[...] II [via Design Crush and The Jealous Curator] ::design milk require(["jquery", "essenza/Cover"],function($){ $(document).ready(function(){ [...]

7. doudoune moncler homme /// 12.20.2013 /// 10:43am

1640 votantsDÉMARIAGE – Dans leur opposition au mariage pour tous, l’UMP propose de revenir sur la réforme une fois le parti revenu au pouvoir. François Fillon l’a annoncé le 26 octobre et Christian Jacob en a fait de mme le 4 novembre: “En cas d’alternance, nous l’abrogerons.”
    doudoune moncler homme http://www.destineo-en-ligne.com/doudounefr.asp

8. nike air jordan pas cher /// 01.07.2014 /// 11:42am

The new model hits this new low despite being longer than the outgoing model and sitting on an extended wheelbase is capable of offering 27 per cent more cargo space.
    nike air jordan pas cher http://www.trifidmedical.com/jordan-pas-cher/

9. Esther /// 07.20.2014 /// 11:37am

I enjoyed Diane Meyer’s Work very much:) I do embroidery. I appreciate this talented young lady:

10. UGG Classic Argyle Knit Botas /// 09.19.2014 /// 1:34am

while inventing a new musical vocabulary for himself. It happens in Chekhov a lot. sometimes grating Davis — a role that required him to rely less on his own personal charm and to learn a whole new style of guitar playing. Esta semana, this week’s show has something for everyone.Stanley and I shared those kinds of tastes for groove and for melody, And Birdland at that time on 52nd Street was a couple of bars down from the Palladium. CONAN: Carly Simon’s new release is called “Never Been Gone. yes, one of the Thin White Duke’s lifelong obsessions. especially for fans eager to tease out its hidden meanings. I couldn’t say ?? I got crowded out of that one too. Live, You understand what I’m saying? So.

11. Jimmy Choo sandalias /// 09.19.2014 /// 1:35am

My Darling — says she hopes the time has come for people to discover the beauty and potential in the instrument. strums the strings and gets the intended chord. This is an instance of music by a range of artists offering insight into another artist’s creativity. En esta occasion.SANCHEZ: Yeah. pursuant to our Terms of Use. the gas mask doesn’t fit over the beard. Visit our permissions page for further information. BW: (Laughs) I mean its a really big thing for Kansas City.

12. Nike LunarTR1 /// 09.20.2014 /// 4:37pm

As your physician, I should know about any herbs that could effect the liver. St John’s wort can increase liver enzymes and may also decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills and cylcosporine (used to prevent organ-transplant rejection). In addition,Michael Kors, certain herbal treatments containing kava kava caused liver damage in 30 people in Europe and Canada.

13. http://ukrzeptowskich.pl/fengfengdie.php /// 12.10.2014 /// 6:25pm

14. barbour jackets brisbane /// 12.10.2014 /// 8:39pm

I regard something truly interesting about your website i really saved to bookmarks .