marcelina jarnuszkiewicz

I don’t often write about animated films, but when Warsaw based artist/illustrator Marcelina Jarnuszkiewicz sent me a link to Półczłowiek Półkoń / Halfman Halfhorse, I had no choice! It’s so lovely… and really weird. The illustrations are gorgeous, the story is wonderfully bizarre, and the music is perfect {I’d even venture to say that it’s a bit Wes Anderson-ish}. Essentially it’s a day-in-the-life of a horse/man… unfortunately he faces a very traumatic moment and turns to cigarettes and alcohol to steady his nerves. Hilarious, totally weird, and really really beautiful:

Oh dear… poor horse/man. Those were a few of my favorite stills, but here is the full animation in all it’s bizarre glory. Please watch… it’s so good!

1. aselniczka /// 10.25.2013 /// 8:38am

Well, that’s TOTALLY unrealistic – it’s prohibited to drink alcohol outside in Warsaw. The city guards would have made him pay fine.

Have you ever seen work of another Warsaw born (currently living in London) artist – Marta Dlugolecka? I’m a fan 🙂

2. the jealous curator /// 10.25.2013 /// 8:46am

haha! maybe that’s what happens in part II ; )
    thanks for the link – i hadn’t seen marta’s work before!

3. Andrea /// 10.25.2013 /// 3:01pm

Really beautiful and odd, it made me feel kind of nostalgic as if I have had that experience once…..
    Thanks again and again and again, you do an amazing Job!

4. Judi /// 10.25.2013 /// 5:05pm

Very strange but somehow appealing!

5. ryldberg /// 10.26.2013 /// 4:43am

…OH MY!!!!!!! what a delightful surprise… <3

6. the jealous curator /// 10.26.2013 /// 7:44am

isn’t it lovely?!

7. danielle @ this picture book life /// 10.26.2013 /// 8:07am

Amazeland. This is so strange and beautiful.

8. Wendy /// 11.16.2013 /// 8:49am

So glad you posted this, touching and wonderful!

9. Prix D'Une Pochette Longchamps /// 09.19.2014 /// 6:48pm

I admire the valuable information and facts you provide inside your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and also have my youngsters examine up here often. Im very sure they will learn a lot of new things here than anyone else!

Instant Max AI Immediate Byte Stock Blast Pro Contemporary artists from around the world are featured every day, as well as weekly content about show openings, art making headlines, must Visit canadian cigarette brands Discountciggs.com site which is fast , clean and designed beautifully.