i’m jealous of rebecca chaperon

Ooooh! Mysterious icebergs by Canadian artist Rebecca Chaperon – oh so gorgeous! This is Rebecca’s latest body of work, titled Antarticus, which is still “in progress” – you know what that means, right? MORE large-scale icebergs are on their way! But, don’t worry – while you’re waiting, she’s got lots and lots of other mysterious things in her portfolio too:

Kinda spooky, yes? Hm… I wonder how much black paint she goes through in a month? ♥

{oh! I just heard from Rebecca on the subject of her black paint supply! Ready?  …. ” ps. Nerdy painting fact: Actually most of that paint was green and reddish transparent layers which combine to make the darkness. So my black paint supply stays pretty moderate but man-oh-man am I ever obsessed with creating murky greens!”}

1. Lindsay /// 07.11.2013 /// 8:45am

Wow, the color pallet is rad. She reminds me of Dorothea Tanning, I love these!

2. the jealous curator /// 07.11.2013 /// 9:12am

yes – i can totally see that : )

3. Tara /// 07.11.2013 /// 10:00am

Her work totally reminds me of one of my favorite painters, Pavel Pepperstein, check out this example: http://artinvestment.ru/content/download/news/20091117_pavel_pepperstein.jpg

4. Hannah Stephenson /// 07.11.2013 /// 12:22pm

I love her work! I wrote a poem inspired by her iceberg pieces recently: http://thechaperon.ca/blog/posts/1823/the+storialist+featured+my+art

5. paper friday /// 07.11.2013 /// 10:29pm

Her work is breathtaking. It has such a gravitas to it. I love the one with the floating blue shapes. So stunning.

6. Melissa /// 07.18.2013 /// 4:15pm

These ghostly landscapes. Beautiful and chilling. A dream that stays with you well past waking.

Instant Max AI Immediate Byte Stock Blast Pro Contemporary artists from around the world are featured every day, as well as weekly content about show openings, art making headlines, must Visit canadian cigarette brands Discountciggs.com site which is fast , clean and designed beautifully.