“kindred spirits”

I needed a little art therapy, so I called the best doctor* in the business… Andy J. Pizza. *Okay, he’s not a real doctor, but I’ll take any pizza-flavored creative pill he prescribes! We’re talking about ladders, dreams and sweatpants. Yep. I also shook things up with this week’s intro by turning it into an interview too! My lovely friend Alexandra Laqueur is the head of education at the European Cultural Academy, and an expert on all things Venice… we did a couple of TOP 5 lists for you (I think both might include gelato). You can listen right up there under Andy’s smiling face, or subscribe to ART FOR YOUR EAR wherever you download your podcasts.

Okay, there’s not too much to show you today, but I had to make sure to include Andy’s chart of “Invisible Things”, and his MELANCHOLY tattoo, of course:

Love it! Aren’t they all just so great!? I think my favorite might be that little “weirdness” slug.

Speaking of love… VENICE! Here’s a photo of Alexandra waiting for a gondola, and a few fab snapshots from my past trips to this magical place:

I mean, you can’t make that up!? I’ll be teaching part of the Contemporary Art Course (August 8 – 19, 2022), and there are a few spots left if you wanna come with me! It truly is a life-changing couple of weeks.

Huge thanks to Alexandra for turning my intro into a lovely interview, and thanks to Andy for coming on – AGAIN – with such wonderful advice! I plan to start digging into all of my WHYs, and I’m excited to see what I find. And of course, thank you for listening!

Other links:

1. Andy J. Pizza on Instagram
  2. Susan Cain Interview on Creative Pep Talk
  3. Susan Cain’s book, “Bittersweet”
  4. European Cultural Academy on Instagram
  5. Ask the ECA a question
  6. Sign Up for the Contemporary Art Course

1. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:24am

Art Culture Festival is an exceptionally good website if you’re looking for Indian Arts and Crafts please click on artculturefestival.in

2. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:24am

If you’re looking to connect with Indian artists you can click on https://www.artculturefestival.in/

3. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:24am

Art Culture Festival is thrilled to announce that if you want to perform group dance you can submit your free post event on https://www.artculturefestival.in/post-event/

4. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:25am

Art Culture Festival is a great source for commissioned art click on our website to curate religious painting and sculpture go to

5. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:25am

Art Culture Festival is excited to tell that, we are showcasing upcoming artists on our website

6. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:25am

Art Culture Festival is your next platform to host your next virtual event at our convenient and stylish art space click on our website and launch your self in South Asia

7. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:26am

Art Culture India is a striking space for upcoming theatre artists, exhibit your cultural dance book the venue on https://www.artculturefestival.in/

8. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:26am

Art Culture Festival is a your final source if you are looking to display your paintings and sculptures click on https://www.artculturefestival.in/

9. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:27am

Art Culture Festival is ready to launch dynamite artisans from all over India click on to show your talent.

10. bhavya /// 06.20.2022 /// 12:27am

Art Culture Festival deals with rising contemporary artists connect with us https://www.artculturefestival.in/contact/